Monday, December 22, 2008
Great Book
I read a great book tonight. "Birth Without Violence," by Frederick Leboyer M.D. It made me really think about how the baby feels coming into this new world. It stresses dimming the lights, being quiet, putting the newborn directly onto the mother's belly, waiting for the cord to stop pulsing before cutting it, and then placing the baby into a warm bath. All ideas I like. I think for my second child in the future I may consider a home birth or at a birthing center. The idea of all those machines and rush and lack of control of a hospital scares me. I guess thats why I have Mike, mom and my doula Mary:) If you have never read this book, check it out. It is like reading a story in poetry and it's a quick read with wonderful pictures of babies.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment